SHIPPING WITH CARE ~ Call us if you have any questions at (800) 757-3488
We at In The Light Urns have paid close attention to the developments concerning COVID-19 that is a novel coronavirus. We would like to take this opportunity to share with you our efforts to keep our employees and our customers safe. While evidence suggests that the likelihood of viral transmission via a package is quite low, we want to assure you that we are taking all necessary precautions at this time.
As part of our dedication to delivering safe and trusted memorials, we are conscientiously looking for ways to maintain the safety of our workspaces and the health of our employees. We understand that our customers often come to us in their greatest hour of need, and we have established safe sanitizing practices to ensure that every package you receive from us meets all your expectations.
Currently, we are following OSHA for prepartion of our working enviroment CDC guidelines for the safe and sanitary creation and customization of our cremation urns and memorial products, as well as packaging and shipping. For asymptomatic people who have no reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19
- Reducing congregating in groups larger than 10 people.
- Practicing social distancing, which means keeping at least six feet apart.
- Diligent use of hand-washing with soap for a minimum 20 seconds.
- Where hand-washing is not available, the use of a hand sanitizer with alcohol content greater than 60 percent.
- Reducing personal contact with eyes, mouth and face.
- Coughing or sneezing into an elbow, followed promptly by proper hand-washing.
We have implemented additional sanitation practices for all our workspaces, including wiping down tables, engraving equipment, printers, communal areas, keyboards, screens and tools on a regular basis.
As an added precaution and out of concern for our valued employees, we provide updated information about the symptoms and spread of COVID-19, particularly as it relates to our California location and the essential work we do here. To help decrease the likelihood of transmission, we have encouraged our employees to:
- Pay attention to symptoms including fever, dry cough and respiratory difficulties.
- Stay home if they feel sick.
- Alert us to possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Since the virus can remain dormant in a person for up to two weeks before showing symptoms, we are following CDC recommendations. If anyone believes they have been exposed to COVID-19, they are instructed to seek testing, monitor symptoms and self-quarantine for at least 14 days.
As we prepare your order, we are taking the greatest care to confirm that every step maintains this attention to cleanliness. This means sanitizing the area before working on each stage of development, from the initial design to when your purchase is packaged for shipping. Besides the natural scent of the materials for our urns (e.g. handcrafted wood), customers may notice a slight odor of the sanitization products we use throughout the process. But rest assure we wipe down everything before shipping.
FedEx has verified to be an essential partner with us while we all go through this event and we'll all continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 as time moves on. You can stay connected with service updates.
One question we have been asked that is worth talking about is if it is safe to receive a package from a area where COVID-19 has been reported?
That answer is "YES" so says the World Health Organization"
"The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low"
While we monitor the development of this virus across the world, we understand that our customers and our employees are most important to our success as a business. If you have concerns or questions about our products or our shipping process, do not hesitate to call us at (800) 757-3488
In The Light Urns Inc.